Based in Muenster, Germany
September 22, 2015
Cavernaut is a new interpretation of the classic cave flyer genre for todays smart mobile devices. Players navigate a spaceship through a mine below the surface of a remote planet while collecting luminum crystals – the in-game currency needed to upgrade the ship – and the parts of long-lost alien relics that are scattered throughout the cave. They must dodge hazards, like laser beams or mines, and periodically land on fuel stations in order to make it to the exit of the cave.
Jan started the development of Cavernaut back in 2012, as a side project to improve his coding skills. Although there were many interruptions in the development process, Jan kept coming back to it, and now it has grown into a full-size indie game project, which was well received by fans and critics alike.
- A randomly generated cave that’s different each time you play
- Simple touch/tilt controls for super-smooth flying
- Five areas with increasing difficulty to master
- Many upgrades for your ship
- Cool neoretro graphics
- Game Center leaderboard and achievements
- Old-school pay once & play, no In-App Purchases
Launch Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Preview Vimeo
Logo & Icon
- "A Patient yet Tense Game of Ascending Through a Randomly-Generated Cavern"
- Carter Dotson, TouchArcade
- "Looks like an even more challenging take on Lunar Lander"
- Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer
- "Cavernaut promises subterranean randomly-generated fun"
- Joe White, AppAdvice
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Einheit B allows for the contents of Cavernaut to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Cavernaut is legally & explicitly allowed by Einheit B. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.einheit-b.de/press/sheet.php?p=cavernaut.
A peek behind the curtain: forums.tigsource.com.
TouchArcade Forum Thread
Up-to-date info forums.toucharcade.com.
Some additional media can be found here: slidedb.com.
About Einheit B
Jan Schoenepauck is a freelance motion/graphics/interactive designer. Einheit B is the label for the personal interactive and game projects he works on whenever he's no too busy with his contract work.
More information on Einheit B, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design, Art, Sound, Music, Code